Helping you reduce design costs and new product lead times
G&O Spring Design
When it comes to the design or specification of your springs, why not ask the professionals?
As a customer of G & O Springs, you can reduce your design costs and new product lead time by taking advantage of our free design and technical advice service.
Utilising the latest in spring design software (provided by the Institute of Spring Technology) designs are evaluated to ensure that not only is the material and any subsequent treatments suitable for the working environment, but that important issues such as fatigue life, relaxation and ultimately cost are taken into consideration. The constant drive towards cost down makes our partnership approach all the more value-added due to the cost that can be removed from your process and the speed in which solutions can be reached.
Your existing drawings may also benefit from our free ‘health check’ service to ensure that all the parameters are properly specified and controlled
Our Top 5 Spring Design Tips
- Specify the correct material for the application; this may not be what you initially think!
- Specify a readily available wire size, we so often see an ‘in between’ size specified which unnecessarily increases both cost and lead-time!
- Show and tolerance both operating positions of the spring (The Min and Max deflection) this helps the manufacturer ensure the springs are fit for purpose
- List any required special processes including any stress relief or material final condition. This ensures the springs are correctly processed. You would be amazed at how many manufacturers would not stress relieve a spring because its not shown on the drawing but is in the material specification in an attempt to save cost. Heat Treatment is essential!
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Talk to the manufacturer from the outset, they are probably more knowledgeable than you think!
The other pages in this section are intended as a best practice guide when designing springs for new applicationsTalk to us about your spring design needs
We regularly help our customers improve their internal Design Procedures and Spring Drawing Layouts